Expert Analysis: Dash Price Prediction Q2 2018
Heads up, Dash is now the twelfth largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, ahead of Monero and Tether Coin. This impressive run has made Dash a notable entity, at least within the cryptocurrency atmosphere. Dash offers a great way to make instant, private payments online or in-store.
That said, the focus of this article is what the future portends for Dash price-wise. Currently, prices are at around $300 which is impressive in by itself. Predicting future prices of digital currency is as arduous a task as any when dealing with volatile products.
What Factors Could Influence Prices?
The following could be positives for the price of Dash:
- The relatively small Supply. The total number of available Dash is capped at 18,900,000. This limited supply could actually be an asset in the near future based on simple supply-demand economics.
- Demand for secure and anonymous transactions-There is still a gap in this sector than Dash can fill. It is simply a matter of time before people discover the ridiculously fast nature of blockchain based transactions. Indeed, for most it is simply a matter of trust. This is an opportunity for Dash.
- Strengths over Bitcoin. Dash offers faster and cheaper transactions than Bitcoin. This is vital because as Bitcoin continues to struggle with scalability problems, more alternatives are being sought. Dash could be one of them.
- The accessibility and open nature of the coin. You can buy DASH using a wide range of digital and fiat currencies. Besides, it has one of the most open communities there is in all of crypto-sphere. This decentralization is exhibited by a voting system for proposals. This openness could be an edge over rivals, particularly Ripple.
What Could Hold Dash Back?
- Slow adoption– Regardless of the obvious advantages that digital currency offers, most people still prefer regular currency. Lacking the name recognition of the likes of Bitcoin does not help matters either. It could be a limiting factor in the end.
- Intense competition- Despite its recent successes, beating the more established competition is an uphill task. Monero, Bitcoin cash and Litecoin are rival platforms that offer remarkably similar services .Standing out will be crucial.
An Optimistic Projection
The present price of the cryptocurrency is around $300. The forecast for this calendar year that is 2018 is around $1000. This is an estimate made with the assumption that the things that could go well do and the converse fails to materialize.
However, as with most coins, the future is as unpredictable as their meteoric rise has been. It is impossible to have absolute certainty given the tumultuous few months since the start of 2018. Dash has been consistent in marketing and growth. My take is that it will finish 2018 with a higher return than most coins.