Ravencoin is a blockchain platform that manages asset transfer and ownership. And, one can create custom tokens on the blockchain; hence, can conduct initial coin offerings. The project uses the forked source code of Bitcoin.
In Ravencoin ecosystem, each asset will have a unique name, which is not the case in Ethereum; where two custom tokens of the same name can exist at the same time. And, in Ravencoin, the first one to use a name will be the owner of that specific name.
The currency of the platform is also known as Ravencoin (RVN). It has a circulating supply of 1.23 billion tokens with a maximum supply limit of 21 billion RVN tokens.
Ravencoin uses a proof of work mining consensus with x16r — an algorithm specifically designed for Ravencoin blockchain. And, the platform has a block time of one minute.
Ravencoin official wallets and mining clients for Linux flavors like Ubuntu, Fedora, and for Windows platform are available here.
If you want to buy some RVN coins, it is traded on cryptocurrency exchanges: QBTC, CryptoBridge, Nanex, and Cryptohub. Currently, all these exchanges only offer trading RVN with other cryptocurrencies.
How to Buy Ravencoin (RVN) on CryptoBridge?
CryptoBridge is a decentralized exchange. And you will have more control over your funds. With that, if you lose your password or passphrase, you can never be able to access your account and funds, if any. So, be more careful.
To buy RVN follow these steps:
- Navigate to https://crypto-bridge.org/ (Make sure HTTPS secure padlock is shown and is in green.)
- Log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, creating one is very easy.
- Deposit funds, if you have not already, through the Deposit/Withdraw section.
- Click on Exchange tab.
- On the right-hand side click on BTC market and select RVN. If you want to buy RVN with other currencies, you can select the respective pair using the market section.
- Then go to the left-hand side. Under the price chart, you will see Sell section.
- Enter the amount of RVN you wish to buy and the price.
- Click on the Buy button.
- Now, the order is placed.
- Once the order is executed, RVN will appear in your balance.
If you want to hold RVN, then it is better to do so in an official wallet that we mentioned in the wallets section.